Make Time For "ME TIME"


Hi Belles, 
I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to check in and ask: Have you been prioritizing your own needs lately or have you been busy taking care of others? It is important to remember that taking care of yourself is just as important as taking care of others - if not more important.    
Last year, I was stressed and overwhelmed most of the time and realized I needed some alone time to exhale. I decided to set aside one day of the week  (sometimes twice a month) for ME. A day where I do something I enjoy, I call it Me Time. This time for me is non-negotiable, it doesn't matter what is happening in my life or in the world I am having my Me Time. Me Time allows me to recharge and focus on my own needs. I make a list of things I find fun and relaxing and try to do them during this time. Sometimes, I engage in activities alone, which may seem strange to some people, but it is beneficial for me. 

Me Time doesn't have to be expensive. Some of the activities I do are at home. It is all about doing things that make you happy and that are good for your mental health. If you're wondering what kind of activities I do during Me Time, here are a few: 

Reading a book. I love to read, but could never find the time so I created a book club which keeps me accountable. 

Eating out alone. Yes! Eating alone outside for brunch is a serene experience that allows me to appreciate nature while savouring a delicious meal.

Going for a walk outdoors.  Doing this allows me to clear my mind, I can reflect on what is happening in my life and brainstorm solutions. 

Watching a movie. I schedule alone time at home to watch a fun movie

Sightseeing and picnic. I find places that are free to visit and sometimes have a picnic there.

In the photos above, I visited a lighthouse, walked on the beach, listened to the waves, watched the birds, and found a lucky rock. It was liberating just to be outside and appreciate the beautiful scenery, and the little things. 
Remember, taking care of yourself is important. Make sure you're making time for yourself and doing things that make you happy. If you're interested in starting your own Me Time, make a list of things you enjoy doing and create the time to do them. It's a simple way to prioritize yourself and improve your overall well-being.

Be blessed. 

Xoxo, 
Jodi 







4 comments

  1. Love this Jodi and I believe the same. Recently I found that I am having less Me Time and I can see where it affects my productivity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mona, this means you could be feeling drained. Go ahead and make your list, and create even half a day twice per month for the rest of the year and rejuvenate.

      Delete
  2. I can totally relate. Adulting can be soooo overwhelming 😩.. that’s y i am never afraid to treat myself at least once a month. I give myself time to reflect and focus on me. I go to the spa, get a pedicure or massage anything that relaxes me. Me time is definitely important

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Trudy, it can be. I am happy to hear that you find time to prioritize your mental health.

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig