Colour Coordination Part 1


Hi belles, 

Recently, I was tasked with planning, designing and executing training for a course I am currently pursuing. I was perplexed at first about what topic to do the training on, then it hit me, what am I  most passionate about, Fashion!!

I have been complimented and asked many times about how I put my pieces together, so if I am to do a training, why not "Colour Coordination"?  

So, how do we colour coordinate? It is not as difficult as you may think.

Let's go back to the basic, primary and secondary colours created the tertiary colours. These colours combined created all the other colours distributed on a colour wheel. The colour wheel shows the relationships between the different colours and can be used as a guide in creating perfectly balanced outfits of varying colour schemes. Here I put together some simple work outfits of the various colour schemes.

 Complementary colour scheme, these are colours opposite or almost opposite each other on the colour wheel. You can easily create outfits with the colour scheme using any colour wheel.  


Green also pair well with these colours, do not forget that your footwear should also be included in coordinating your outfits.

Green also pair well with these colours, do not forget that your footwear should also be included in coordinating your outfits. 

On the linked colour wheel, you will realise that green compliments red. However, I have paired pink with green in this outfit. In coordinating colours, your primary colour does not always have to be directly across from each other. 


Split Complementary colour scheme, consisting of one dominant colour, plus two bordering colours opposite or almost opposite the colour you have chosen. Using the colour wheel as a guide, you can see how I came up with these colours in the photos below. For example, you choose yellow and pair it with blue-purple and purple-red. In addition, you can choose softer or more vibrant contrasts, like a darker yellow instead of a vibrant one.

Are you bold enough to try these colours? Comment below and let me know. We will look at outfits from analogous and triadic colour schemes in part two. 


xoxo, Jodi 





5 comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig